Meeting Room Policy
Honeoye Public Library
Meeting Room Policy
As an expression of its mission to connect people with information, ideas and experiences, the Honeoye Public Library provides a meeting room to be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information and opinions. The Library makes this room available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation. By making a meeting room available as a forum, the Library does not sponsor or endorse the views of any group using the room. Our room is available for profit, private and non-profit groups and organizations.
- Our meeting room is available when the library is closed.
- Programs themselves must be free, supply fees can be charged.
- To reserve the room, the applicant must be over 21 years of age, a resident of the Town of Richmond, Canadice or South Bristol and remain as the adult in charge throughout the program.
- A key to the Library’s meeting room can be picked up 24 hours before the program and returned in the book drop when the program is completed.
- Library equipment – screen, projector, sound system – can be used with instruction from the library staff.
- Tables and chairs need to be set up according to the provided floor plan before leaving.
- Light refreshments are OK. Alcohol is not. Please clean up the snack area when finished, check the restroom areas and carry out your trash.
- Smoking, candles, matches and anything flammable are not allowed.
- Animals (with the exception of Seeing Eye or registered assist dogs) are not allowed in the meeting room.
- Posters, etc. cannot be hung on the walls.
- Organizations may not imply that an event or meeting is sponsored, co-sponsored or endorsed by the Library in any advertising or publicity. Except as a designation of location, the name of the Library may not be used in any publicity related to the use of meeting rooms, nor may the Library’s telephone number be placed on any publicity. The name, address or phone number of the Library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization except those affiliated with the Library.
- The Federal Copyright Act (Title 17 of the U.S. Code) requires that a public performance license must be obtained for public presentation of a movie or other copyrighted work. The Honeoye Public Library requires this license to be acquired by persons or organizations wishing to present a movie or other copyrighted performance and submitted to the library prior to the event.